Friday 13 May 2011

Week 3: CPA / Final Project Spec / Review

Finally I have started on my Project specification. This will contain the exact guidelines/tasks that will be in my final outcome of my project that I will be doing for Visualize Media CMS. I will be uploading that shortly for the client to view and to understand fully what is going on with the project life cycle. Along with this my critical path analysis which makes me understands which paths of my project are the most important.

Please find attached a copy of my Critical Path Analysis (CPA) diagram for the project.


I feel that the project has been going on smoothly and on time. There's been a lot of progress with how the initial plans/designs to the final coding parts. The past three weeks have been quite busy, but I feel I have dealt with it effetely.  Over the next five weeks I will be developing the CMS fully into a workable product by using PHP/MYSQL back end with various little addons ranging from Javascript/AJAX to assit the user when they process their tasks. Along with this I will be producing technical documentation to use the CMS in a PDF form and a online help section to the website. As well as this discussing with the client on a weekly basis of any changes or progress that has gone on with the project.At this current time, I feel the timescale is cutting it a bit fine, as I do have to do some learning with PHP/MYSQL but I'm pretty sure I can get it sorted in time for that part.

Please find my updated GANT chart of what has been completed and what has still need to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment